Terms & Conditions
Please read this Notice carefully. It affects your rights. By using this link you accept these terms and conditions in their entirety. In addition, if you are a broker, then you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions according to the terms of your Terms of Business Agreement (TOBA) with CIFS.
Credit Indemnity and Financial Services is a trading style of Nexus CIFS Ltd. (“We”, “CIFS”, “Our”, “Us”) may at Our discretion change these terms and conditions with or without notice at any time by updating their posting on the Website. Any such modifications shall become effective immediately, and continued use of the system following any such revision shall constitute acceptance of any such variation.
- The terms and conditions set out in any policy issued to you or your client, as varied by any endorsements, (your “Policy”) are authoritative. A hard copy of your Policy and any endorsements will be issued to you after acceptance by Us. New insured credit limits will be posted on the Website. In the event of any conflict between this Notice or any other content of this Website and your Policy, your Policy will prevail.
- Certain parts of this Website are secure and only available once an unique ID and password have been provided to you. You will be responsible for all use, access and communications to this Website utilising such ID and password whether or not such use, access or communications are authorised by you; this includes any negligent or fraudulent use. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID and password you must notify CIFS immediately. Your access to and use of the secure area of the Website may be terminated by Us at any time for any reason.
- Subject to your compliance with these terms, We hereby grant you a non-assignable licence to access, download, print, copy and distribute copies of any pages on the Website for bona fide business purposes only and solely to enable you to provide information and documentation in response to the specific needs of your clients. Any other use of any materials available on or forming part of the system is subject to Our prior written consent.
- You must check your CIFS link each working day to check whether there has been any reduction or cancellation of an insured credit limit for any of your insured customers or if We have sent you any other electronic messages affecting your insurance cover. The insured credit limits that are applied to your Policy are produced by Us solely for the purpose of setting the insurance cover We are prepared to provide and should not be relied on by you for any other purpose.
- We may collect, process and transmit data obtained from and about you in the course of your accessing the site and it may be transmitted to others in relation to the insurance cover We may provide to you or in accordance with Our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You warrant, represent and undertake to Us that:
(a)You shall use the system in accordance with these terms and conditions and will not use the services in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of the system by any third party and you will not use the information obtained from the system for any purpose other than as appropriate to using an online insurance quotation and policy issuance Website for genuine commercial purposes;
(b)You warrant, represent and undertake to Us that all material displayed or transmitted by you on the Website shall not be false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or breach or infringe the rights of any person anywhere in the world (including without limitation intellectual property rights);
(c)You will not reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts relating to the system or post or transmit any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
(d)Your own information technology is protected against computer viruses and you undertake to maintain such protection at all times;
(e)You will not remove or alter in whole or in part any trademarks, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on any material you download and/or print from the system; and
(f)You will not access or attempt to access unauthorised data or any unauthorised part of the Website. You will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network system and you will not use any devices, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the system, or permit any of the foregoing.
(g)You will not divulge your unique ID and password to any person other than those employees in your organisation that you have designated to access the link.
- You agree that Regulations 9(1), 9(2) and 11(1) of the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 will not apply to your use of the Website.
- You agree to indemnify on demand and hold CIFS harmless from and against all liabilities, obligations, claims, actions, causes of action, penalties, costs, legal fees and other costs arising:
(a)Directly or indirectly as a consequence of a breach by you of the terms and conditions of this agreement; and
(b)As a consequence of any acts, omissions or defaults by you or any of your employees, agents or subcontractors in connection with the agreement or the use of the system.
- CIFS shall be entitled to deny you access to the CIFS link without notice immediately at any time.
- CIFS cannot guarantee to provide and maintain the CIFS link continuously and without interruption and faults. CIFS may temporarily suspend availability in order to upgrade, repair or maintain any aspects of the link. CIFS shall use all reasonable endeavours to carry out such repair or maintenance work with minimum disruption to the link.
- CIFS makes no warranties or representations regarding the contents or accuracy of any Website pages, or any other information or material displayed on the system.
- CIFS shall in no circumstances be liable to you under or in connection with the terms of this agreement or the provision of the CIFS link for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss, or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or for any deletion, corruption, destruction, loss or for removal of data howsoever caused.
- Links to other internet sites that are not maintained by CIFS may be accessed through the CIFS link. Such external internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained or otherwise posted by organisations and entities independent of CIFS. CIFS is not responsible for the contents of those sites nor does it approve, endorse or certify information available at any external site or linked address.
- You shall not be entitled to assign, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and obligations under this agreement in whole or in part without Our prior written consent.
- If at any time any provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid or illegal in any respect such provision shall be deemed to be severed from these terms and conditions and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be effected or impaired thereby.
- Copyright. Creditindemnity.com is a trademark of Credit Indemnity and Financial Services. The contents of this Website, including but not limited to the text and the images herein and their arrangement, are Our sole copyright property.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- English law will apply to your use of this Website and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any disputes which may arise.
Credit Indemnity and Financial Services is a trading style of Nexus CIFS Ltd, Company Number 8125609. Nexus CIFS Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Nexus Underwriting Limited which is a Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority, FSA Number 494805. Nexus CIFS Ltd is a Lloyd’s Managing General Agent, whose underwriting capacity is provided by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s. Its registered office is 80 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmonds, Suffolk, IP33 1QB. January 2013